Thursday 30 July 2009

new bits of reading material

I picked up a couple of books from Borders today that I'm pretty excited about!

The first was on sale, and I thought too good of an investment to skip. While we don't plan on having babies for awhile, lots of our friends (and family, soon!) are well on their way to increasing their family, so I thought it would be a good idea to have a crafts book for baby pressies.

find it on Amazon here

It has some super cute things in it, like hooded towels and mobiles. I can't wait to get started on things other than crocheted blankets. Don't get me wrong, I love the crochet hook, but I need some new projects!

The other book will help fill my time now that triathlon training is almost finished (one more swim tomorrow, and that's me until Sunday!!!)

find it on Amazon here

I want to focus on getting my body into tip top shape, so I'm going to start a new exercise regime that centers around units (30 mins), trying to fit in 10-15 a week (closer to 15), and doing at least 3 weights-based workouts a week. This book has a lot of good tips and exercises for ladies, so I'll definitely be getting a bit of use out of it.

In the mean time, I have a few crochet projects sitting around, waiting to be finished, including two bags for friends and a shawl project for my mom (I found the most delish merlot coloured cotton yarn in DK weight, can't wait to get it started!)

Only 3 more sleeps until the Triathlon!

No comments:

Post a Comment