Thursday 25 June 2009

summer days

I've really been enjoying the weather recently. It actuallys feels like a proper summer! *fingers crossed I don't jinx the rest of the summer*

Everyday for lunch, we've headed out with sandwiches in tow to the lawns on the square outside our building. I've even had the chance to work on a tan for the wedding coming in a couple weeks!

My big project at the moment is a shawl I'm making for my soon to be sister-in-law, Marga. It's from my fave crochet book, Stitch'n Bitch: Happy Hooker, and it's the Sweet Pea shawl, which luckily, Alicia has already made:


I'm doing it in a lovely taupe cotton DK yarn, togged with silver sparkly. I'll add fringe on to the one I'm making, but I love the colour Alicia used above! I've done 8/20 rows, but as they're tapering down, I'm about 2/3 done. It looks fabuloso!

On the tri front, I'm not doing quite as well...I blame it on the nice weather! Who wants to go to the gym when it's gorgeous out? And there's cider to be drunk??? I'm trying to get back into it, though, so discipline thoughts please!

I want to try and finish making a bag for the wedding, too, and another bag for my friend's birthday next month, but I don't think I will have time for all these projects. But as long as I finish this shawl I will be happy! I have until 4th of July - I've arranged lunch plans for my sister-in-laws on the Saturday before the wedding here in Brighton. I'd like to give it to Marga then. Then, it's wedding time!!!!!!!!! (I <3 weddings, by the way)

No comments:

Post a Comment