Friday 26 March 2010

Back in the day

A few weeks (months?) ago, my mom posted some old pictures up on Flickr.  She had bumped in with the woman who ran the daycare my sisters used to go to, Karen.  It was really sad to hear that her husband Earle had passed away, but I'm so glad she gave these pictures to my mom.  Things have been really tough for my family for the past year or so, and whenever I get really upset about this, it's nice to look at these pictures.

I grew up in the epitomy of an 'unconventional family', but it was one filled with warmth and love, and it's strange to think how much my life has changed since then.  And now that I'm thinking of starting my own family, I'm glad I can look up to my mom and be inspired by her amazingness :)

Me, Mom, Rick, Kaley and Kendall at the pumpkin patch for Halloween

Teeny tiny (brunette!) Kaley with Earle

Giggly girls - Kendall and Kaley

Giggle girls with mom - isn't my mom beautiful???

My fave one of me and my sisters (and a random little boy!)



And here's a picture of me with my sisters from my wedding a couple years ago (they're such posers!)



And while we're reminiscing, might as well have a little laugh at my super cool swimming style 15+ years ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment