Friday 25 September 2009

Winter Hat numbero uno

I did a nice and easy winter hat project last weekend, and I'm quite pleased with the results. I used the leftover wooly cream yarn from R's skull and cross bones jumper, so it's super warm, but it doesn't have much stretch to it. I like the little puffs on it, but I might try and make a simpler beret, or a nice beanie, as well. At the moment, I'm too skint to buy a new winter coat, so it looks like I'm stuck with my plain black pea coat. As long as I keep up with nice bright accessories, like hats, scarves, and gloves, it won't be too dull!

puff ball hat
Terminator eyes will KILL YOU
puff ball hat

puff ball hat


1 comment:

  1. Ooh, looking nice!! There's one crochet beanie hat I did that I ended up really liking (despite Zonko saying it was a fisherman's hat since I used a chunky brown wool). It has fun swirls and you get to use the front and back post stitch to get a nice mock ribbing. If you've never done those before, it's a good easy fun project to learn with!
    x

    ReplyDelete