Friday 12 February 2010

West Pier lit up again!

On Wednesday night, R and I headed down to the West Pier on the seafront.  It burned down several years ago (before we moved here) and now looks like this:

Picture courtesy of howzey


I think it's absolutely beautiful, and looks really haunting especially on a stormy day.  There has been talk of clearing away the rubble, but I really hope they keep it standing.

On Wednesday, an event was set up to bathe the pier in green light, to show how looked before.  It was too cold to stay for long (freak 15 minute snow storm didn't help!), but it was really interesting to watch!  Unfortunately, my camera died, so I didn't have a chance to take my own pictures, but here are some lovely ones from eyejewels on Flickr.

 

  


Super neat!

And now I'm doing the Friday dance:

 


cuz I'm stoked it's the weekend!  We're going to an 80's club night tomorrow with a couple work pals, and then going out for dinner on Sunday to Planet India, my favourite restaurant in Brighton. What are your plans for the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment